Thursday, March 12, 2009

Business and More Business.

I have tried a few of the online or inhome businesses out there. I think my very first was Shaklee at 17 years old but I was so young and didn't have a clue how to market then.

My next business was Mary Kay. Again, I really liked the product. It cost me $100 to buy my kit and then $2000 of inventory. I sold to family and friends but hated pushing it on them. Eventually, once more, I gave up and sold what I could off at cost and sent the rest back for a partial refund. I basically broke even and was able to get back the money I borrowed from my Mother.

In 2003, I was contacted on the phone by a representative of Melaleuca. They said I didn't have to sell to friends and family but use the Internet. I wasn't really told until after I joined this would include an added expense of leads. The company prefers you have no expense and do in homes with family and friends to begin with. I did enroll my first 5 people of my friends and family and 3 from the internet. As time went on, I would enroll here and there off leads or perhaps a friend would join. I made daily calls, brought people to a phone presentation. I would do an in home here and there. I never did make any money with Melaleuca but I am still a Director with 12 loyal customers which covers my monthly product order I have to have. I actually get $120 a month though my commission is less. If you have enrolled 8, they guarantee a check of $120. If you enroll 1 a month, it goes up to $150. My start up cost was $29 and I bought a Valuepack for $199. I bought a second Valuepack to use in inhomes as well.

In 2007 I signed on with ITV Ventures. They were an infomercial company that promoted natural health products. Again, I broke even with them. They were $500 to join, there were lead costs, product volume requirements, then if you signed on to take live calls, more fees. They ended up going under. ITV Direct I think still does exist but not the Ventures part.

As a request from a friend, I then joined YTB, Your Travel Biz. This was again $500 to join and then to get certified it was $149 and to be non profit certified another $149. I did buy leads but the company again encourages you to go out and enroll people. I did get 3 enrollments but they eventually dropped off and with the economic decline, I put this business aside for now. I am still a Rep and can enroll people into the business. I don't have a Travel Portal but I refer friends to others.

I have looked at other businesses such as Global Domain International, Surveys,etc.

I understand many people have had success with all these businesses. I know of people who made millions with these businesses.

They say success doesn't depend on what you do but how you do it. I will say it has been a learning curve and hopefully I am getting it right.

I still have plenty of people wanting me to join their business though after they read this, they may change their mind..lol...

The company I am with right now was marketed to me as a company you can't fail with...no matter how hard you try. So, I figured I will try one more time and that will be it. The key to this business is , if you enroll only 2 people, you can get customers given to you by the company month after month and you will get the commission from any products they purchase after their initial purchase. So I could make continual money on Club memberships, Home Direct products(Like an auto shipment), any video, accessory, weightloss, or supplement purchase at 25% retail.

You can make a great deal of money enrolling more but I wanted to see if the average person can make money, passively. Obviously, if you want to be aggressive and actually make money, you will reach out and enroll 8 people and help 2 get 2. That makes you a Diamond in this company and you qualify to receive free coaches as well.

I have to say the money has covered my monthly fees right from the beginning and continues to climb. You can change though your income by promoting your website on Facebook, Twitter, Bloggers, MySpace and more...or local advertise or internet.

The best part of this business is that I am losing weight, getting fit, and have set a goal to win one of their $10,000 prizes, if not the big one next year, $250,000. I am helping others, making money, and getting healthy! What a life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment